Glitches

Just a quick gripe here—

On my post yesterday, “The Village of Useless Women”, the comments were turned off. (I have since turned them back on.) I didn’t know until late yesterday when I saw my readers who almost always commented, didn’t. And I remembered a couple of my fellow bloggers in the past telling me they’d had trouble with the like or comment (or both) option not appearing on some of their posts. So I went into WordPress administrator, and sure enough, the discussion tab was unchecked for that post. I know I didn’t do it…so the question is, who did? Or what did? 😳

I guess I’ll just have to chalk it up to the WP Glitch Hobgoblins, cousins to the PC, Mac, and Android Glitch Hobgoblins. They sure are a busy bunch.

If any of y’all have had this problem, was it a one-time thing, or was it ongoing? Was it resolved, or do you have to always make sure before publishing a post that comments are enabled?

Irritating…😬

Update–

And now comments, which I enabled this morning, have been closed (not by me) on my last post. What’s up with that? Did WP think it politically incorrect? Or am I just being paranoid???😳

Comments

31 comments on “Glitches”
  1. It’s funny you should highlight this issue as I’ve noticed quite a few posts lately where the Like button seems to be “Loading” but never actually loads! Pesky hobgoblins 🙂

1. KT Workman says:

I’ve noticed that as well. Seems like about every platform has its issues.

Liked by 1 person

2. It was ongoing. That’s why I dismantled my site and am currently working on a new one with a new host. My WP site was fine for years, then all of a sudden boom, crap hit the fan. I’m not sure what WP changed, but it was definitely for the worse — wishing you luck. Keep writing!

1. KT Workman says:

Yes, I remember having trouble commenting on your posts at times.
      I was wondering where you’d gone…couldn’t pull up your site anymore. Let me know when you’re up and running so I can visit.

1. Thanks, Kathy. I will. And watch out for those hobgoblins! They are EVERYWHERE! 😀

3. Dr B says:

To be honest, the WordPress app for iOS is almost useless, so many bugs, glitches a complete mess. I have real problems getting a post to look how I want it, images don’t upload, a text size has even varied across and between paragraphs. I’ve almost given up using my iPad and do all my WP work on the Mac via the web!

1. KT Workman says:

I generally use my iPad to post…may have to go back to my PC.
      I enabled comments on my last post this morning, and now it says comments have closed. 😑

1. Dr B says:

I’m not surprised KT, looks like you’ve found your answer as I did, stop using WP on iPad.

2. KT Workman says:

What platform do you use?

3. Dr B says:

I use iOS and MAC with a WP app. But it’s more stable to ignore the app and go to your WP Dashboard via safari.

4. KT Workman says:

I used to use WP Dashboard via the web exclusively, but now just do a few things I can’t through the app. May have to go back to the old way.
        Thanks for your input.

Liked by 1 person

2. I am so glad you shared this Dr B! I thought something was wrong with my IPAD. I agree it is horrible!

Liked by 2 people

4. Anonymous says:

I have just tried to leave a comment on
    your last post, Kathy. Nothing showed up. 😕

1. KT Workman says:

I think this is Alan??? For some reason, I had to approve it, and it just shows the commenter as “someone”…😬

5. Anonymous says:

I don’t know why my comment has come
    under the title of Anonymous. It should read,
    incarceratedshadows.

6. Anonymous says:

Anonymous? 😕
    You’re correct Kathy, it me, Alan.

1. KT Workman says:

I don’t know what’s going on, but it’s a bit irritating. Grrr…🙄

7. hcmorris77 says:

I don’t think I’ve had any problems…as of yet!
    Knocking on wood

1. KT Workman says:

And I hope you don’t. It’s very frustrating. 😑

Liked by 1 person

8. I enjoyed your last post, riveting, my mind applying it to personal circumstances.
    I have been having on-going issues with WP, liking and comments on other post was beginning to think it was me or my computer. What the…

1. KT Workman says:

This comment was in my spam folder also, Kim. And I think there was another from you I accidentally deleted while whizzing through. I’m so sorry. I don’t check my spam often enough, there was a bunch, and I was in too much of a hurry to get through it.
      Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I always appreciate it.

9. TCast says:

Yes it’s an ongoing thing for me too. That’s why, it is just annoying, I have to check it everytime I post. I can’t also schedule my post because it might not work. So every time I post, I should be physically there to check the settings. What a bummer really.

Teresa

1. TCast says:

By the way, I reported this to WP and they helped me for that one time and then on and off it glitches again. 😡

1. KT Workman says:

I wish WP would spend more time fixing glitches and less changing how editor works. Not every change is an improvement.

2. TCast says:

Yea, i know. Thanks for the chat.

2. KT Workman says:

I quit scheduling posts some time ago for the same reason as you. And now the problem with comments being turned off. I’m wondering what’s coming next. 😖

1. TCast says:

🤦🏻‍♀️

Liked by 1 person

10. So many people are having problems! I did figure out when the like button is there and doesn’t load, if I refresh the page it will usually pop up. So sorry you are having so many problems.

Liked by 2 people

1. KT Workman says:

I would change platforms if there were a good alternative to WordPress, but I don’t know of one. I guess we just have to work around the glitches.